e-puck Extension with Gumstix Overo Earth
Extension board which adds a Linux processor, some long range proximity sensors, Wi-Fi, and other features.
Enhance e-puck features with Linux embedded computer on module.
- Gumstix Overo COMs: compatible with all Gumstix Overo COM models. The communication between the Gumstix Overo COM (OMAP 35xx) and the e-puck (dsPIC) is handled with a serial line at 230400 baud
- Mini-usb connector (console) used to enter the linux system through a terminal
- One usb otg and one usb host: these two connectors are really useful to connect whatever peripheral you need, like a WiFi dongle or simply a flash drive to extend the storage
- Speaker (speaker specification): with Linux running on the Gumstix Overo COM, it's really easy play any audio format you need or implement a speech synthesizer. If the user prefer to have the speaker on the extension linked to the e-puck processor, it can simply be done changing two small resistors
- 8 LEDs: have you ever seen a board without leds?! Anyway they are completely controllable through GPIO lines (gpio70-gpio77)
- Rotary selector: one could choose what program is running on the e-puck based on the selector position
- 2 long range infrared proximity sensors (long range specification)
- the PixelPlus PO6030 camera remains mounted on the robot, but you could receive image from it by using the OMAP ISP (Camera Interface Subsystem); this way we can receive up to 18 frames per second (VGA color images)