e-puck Set of 3 robots
e-puck is powered by a dsPIC processor and features a large number of sensors in its standard configuration (IR proximity, sound, accelerometer, camera).
The e-puck hardware and software is fully open source giving low-level access to every electronic device and offering unlimited extension possibilities. A flourishing user community provides software, documentation and discussion groups.
Because of the number of sensors and actuators, the embedded processing power and the extension possibilities, the robot covers a large spectrum of educational activities. Potential educational fields are mobile robotics, real-time programming, embedded systems, signal processing, image or sound feature extraction, human-machine interaction and collective systems.
- Collective robotics
- Evolutionary robotics
- Art-Oriented robotics
- Microcontroller dsPIC at 60MHz (15MIPS), DSP core for signal processing
- Sensors: 8 proximity and ambient light, 3D accelerometer, 3 omni-directional microphones, VGA color camera, IR receiver for remote control
- Outputs: 8 red leds, green body light, 1 strong red LED in front, speaker (WAV files)
- Communication: RS232 and Bluetooth connection and programming
- C programming, free C compiler, GNU GCC, Webots simulator
- 5 WH LiIon battery for ~3 hours autonomy